is there an Avahi (mDNS) service snap?

George Gross gmgross at shoreham.net
Wed Nov 30 03:15:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,

thank you for the replies, I've been mulling them over...

I've decided to try migrating a subset of the avahi "C" source code onto
the snap platform.  While this approach may be more time consuming, I
expect it to be instructive and I'll discover the pluses/minuses of
snaps along the way. For now, I didn't want to tackle learning the "go"
language mDNS code...

I do like the snap security model, so I'm thinking this will be a
worthwhile investment of my time. stay tuned, will let you know how the
project works out...

thx,
    George