Change default behavior of pressing power button

Robert Liu robert.liu at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 10:21:50 UTC 2016

Hi All,

The default behavior of pressing power button is power off and I want to
change it to suspend.

The configuration file /etc/systemd/logind.conf is in the core snap and is
read-only.
I found that there are at least the following methods:
1. write my own logind.conf, bind mount it and restart
systemd-logind.service
2. write my own inhibitor and use systemd-inhibit
However these two methods must be run at every boot.

I am wondering if there is any other solutions?
Or we could include /etc/systemd/logind.conf in writable-paths?

BR,
Robert