Snapping LDC (LLVM-based D compiler)

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 2 01:25:07 UTC 2016

On 01/09/16 17:52, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>   * is there any way to automate some of the stages of the above,
>     e.g. the editing of stage/etc/ldc2.conf or the generation of
>     prime/bin/gcc.wrapper ... ?

I think we need a recommended way to:

 * carry patches for a part in the snap definition
 * provide wrapper scripts etc (could just be in a patch)
 * trigger hooks at each step in the snapcraft lifecycle

I know Seb and others asked for a patch plan early on, which I resisted,
but having made a few snaps I understand better why its useful as an
impedance buffer before things can land upstream.

Mark