Working LDC snap [was: Re: Snapping LDC (LLVM-based D compiler)]

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Sep 4 22:25:42 UTC 2016

On 04/09/16 13:55, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 27/08/16 22:45, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> I thought I'd have a go at making a snap of LDC, the LLVM-based compiler for the
>> D programming language.
>
> A "final first draft" of the working snap is available here:
> https://github.com/WebDrake/ldc2.snap/pull/1

One problem fixed (the inclusion of `build-essential` as a build dependency
ensures the snap will build in a `cleanbuild` environment), but one remains: it
looks like the `ldc-config` part (which manually replaces the incorrectly
auto-generated ldc2.conf with a correct alternative, using the `dump` plugin)
can sometimes fail.

There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, just with some builds I end up with
a wrong (auto-generated) ldc2.conf in the snap package, and some I end up with
the correct one copied from the ldc-config directory.

Any ideas what's up?  I'm guessing bug either with the dump plugin or with the
handling of the `snap` section of the `ldc` part ... ?