No such file or directory when try to execute gsettings

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 6 09:42:03 UTC 2016

Le 30/08/2016 à 10:15, Eloy García (PC Actual) a écrit :
> Thanks for your answer, but I forgot to say I tried gsettings and
> unity7 interfaces with no success. Nevertheless, I only put those
> interfaces in snapcraft.yml, but I didn't do anyting else
> (configurations, tweaks...). Adding more information, this is the
> script executed when wallpaperdownloader is launched. Maybe it is here
> where I should add some mappings to the "native" environment?

Hey again,

Did you figure it out? The gsettings command talk over dbus to the
service which is in the user session, so the key should be written in
your user db, the confined code in the snap doesn't get back the value
since dconf does that by mapping a file from the user directory so it
might mean your frontend might not get the new value of the key. Can you
check from the outside the value of the key?

If you use the shared desktop launcher it includes an hack to symlink
the snap dconf db to the real one which should make reading work as well

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher