Access to a Serial Port using Java RXTX library

Jenny Murphy jenny.murphy at episensor.com
Tue Sep 6 11:34:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

 I have a java application running in a .snap package.
The java application is going to access the serial port and uses the RXTX
Java library to do this. The RXTX jar is included in the .snap.

When it runs I get the following error :

check_group_uucp(): error testing lock file creation Error
details:Permission deniedcheck_lock_status: No permission to create lock
file.
please see: How can I use Lock Files with rxtx? in INSTALL

Anyone have any experience of this ?

Thanks in advance.
Jenny

--
*Jenny Murphy*
*EpiSensor, Georges Quay House, Georges Quay, Limerick, Ireland*