Access to a Serial Port using Java RXTX library

Jenny Murphy jenny.murphy at episensor.com
Wed Sep 7 14:04:40 UTC 2016

Hi,
No, actually the configure file in RXTX needed to be modified to support
java 1.7 :

case $JAVA_VERSION in
1.2*|1.3*|1.4*|1.5*)
#fix_parameters $JPATH/jre/lib/javax.comm.properties
CLASSPATH=".:\$(TOP):\$(TOP)/src:"`find $JPATH/ -name RXTXcomm.jar |head
-n1`
RXTX_PATH="\$(JPATH)/jre/lib/\$(OS_ARCH)"
JHOME=$JPATH/"jre/lib/ext"

So the paths were not being set up correctly for me.

I changed it to
case $JAVA_VERSION in
1.2*|1.3*|1.4*|1.5*|1.7*)

Thanks a million for your suggestion.