Access to other commands

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 07:58:54 UTC 2016

Le 08/09/2016 à 09:30, Zygmunt Krynicki a écrit :
> I believe there’s a special version of xdg-open that does exactly what that bus-send line above is doing.
>
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd-xdg-open/blob/master/src/xdg-open.c
>
> You can add a part to your snap that includes this executable so that all the other code in your snap can remain the same.

That shouldn't be needed, we have a custom xdg-open wrapper shipped as
/usr/local/bin/xdg-open in the ubuntu-core snap [1] (not sure if the
version on the stable channel includes it now, it has been outdated for
a while so we might need to wait for a refresh there)

snapd-xdg-open needs to be installed on the system though for the
service to work and we don't do that by default yet

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/livecd-rootfs/trunk/view/head:/live-build/ubuntu-core/hooks/500-create-xdg-wrapper.binary#L10