Ubuntu Core 16 beta images available

Jamie Bennett jamie.bennett at canonical.com
Mon Sep 12 08:46:27 UTC 2016

> On 12 Sep 2016, at 02:41, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have  a QualCom dragonboard 410. I have flashed the Ubuntu Core image to the SD card, and I also set the S6 switch to boot from the SD card according to the instruction at:
>
> https://github.com/96boards/documentation/wiki/Dragonboard-410c-Installation-Guide-for-Linux-and-Android#installing-image-using-an-sd-card-image <https://github.com/96boards/documentation/wiki/Dragonboard-410c-Installation-Guide-for-Linux-and-Android#installing-image-using-an-sd-card-image>
>
> When booting into the Ubuntu core, it needs to have the network access to complete the installation. The board does not provide an Ethernet port use. It provide the WLAN. How can we configure the WLAN to make the network working to complete the installation? It would be good to have a complete installation guide at our developer website.

WiFI network support on the Dragonboard is not working at the moment due to the changes we made to the first boot experience (console-conf). If you have a USB network adapter then this should work for now. In the near future we will have console-conf talk over WiFi for devices without an ethernet adapter.