Problems running Qt/QML + Oxide snap

Tim Süberkrüb tim.sueberkrueb at web.de
Tue Sep 13 12:01:21 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

today I was trying to snap an application originally created for Ubuntu
phone.
The app uses Qt5/QML, Ubuntu UI Toolkit, Oxide and Ubuntu Web.

Source: https://github.com/tim-sueberkrueb/crazy-mark
snapcraft.yaml: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23173301/

1) Running the application using NVIDIA drivers fails, which is a known
bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapd/+bug/1575532).
2) Running the application using Nouveau drivers fails with the
following console output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23173243/

snappy-debug.security scanlog: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23173251/
The application was installed with --devmode and --force-dangerous.

I have two questions:
1) Are there any news about the NVDIA driver problem?
2) Am I doing something wrong (regarding Nouveau)? Is this a bug? Can I
work around the problem?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Tim