candidate/release

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:16:39 UTC 2016

Thanks all for your help.  I followed the following instructions...

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/build-apps/upload-your-snap/

...then, seeing the snap passed with no warnings or errors, pushed the
"Publish" button at...

https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/click-apps/5902/rev/2/

It's been published now for 2 days.  Maybe the system is still churning on
it.  I suppose, too, there's a way to do the publishing from the command
line instead as some of you have pointed out.

Reading through "snapcraft -h", I see that the upload option is
deprecated.  Perhaps the first URL I cited above should be revised to
reflect this.

Anyhow, it should already be published, but all variants of "sudo snap
install [myprojname]" have failed with "snap not found."

I've gone ahead and tried...

$ snapcraft push [mysnapfile]

This chugs for a while during the upload, then reports that an error
occurred when trying to analyze the snap.  Maybe I'll try rebuilding the
snap and pushing it again later when I get some time.

I'm running version 2.16 of snapcraft, which I believe is the latest
version.  Oh wait...no...version 2.17 is the latest.

I did...

$ snapcraft release [myproj] 2 stable

...and that appeared to work, or so it said.

Oh, I got it to work now!  I see what I did wrong.  I had revision 1
released to the masses, which had errors.  But revision 2 didn't, so I
guess now the "snap" command could find it in the store.  If you try to
release a snap that had errors, it won't get found or be installable.

Hurrah!  That worked!  Okay, thanks guys.  My crappy app is now live.  ;)
This is truly a momentous day for us all.