Using xdg-open from snap

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Sep 21 11:47:27 UTC 2016

El 21/09/16 a las 08:18, Gustavo Niemeyer escribió:
> That was a good explanation indeed, thanks John.
>
> Can we do something better than just recommend it on classic?  The
> feature is common enough that this should be a requirement, I think.

Even though Recommends doesn't sound like a fit, this is its use:

    This declares a strong, but not absolute, dependency.

    The Recommends field should list packages that would be found
    together with this one in all but unusual installations.[1]

Suggests would be the wrong dependency declaration though:

    This is used to declare that one package may be more useful with one
    or more others. Using this field tells the packaging system and the
    user that the listed packages are related to this one and can
    perhaps enhance its usefulness, but that installing this one without
    them is perfectly reasonable.[1]

> The problem then is how to drop the package when building the Ubuntu
> Core image.

If things are still the same, images are built with --no-recommends.

Cheers
Sergio

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html