Access to other commands

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Sep 23 12:40:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 20:13 -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>

> > I think this is a topic for the next snapfest community event, in
> > October/November. Call it "snapping CLI utilities".
> >

> Here's another interesting one to take into account in that discussion:
> https://github.com/elopio/htop/tree/snapcraft
> (currently in the sandpit)
>
> In devmode, snappy-debug doesn't stop printing warnings.

I don't see a snapcraft.yaml in that tree. There is an htop snap in the store
and you need to connect the process-control and system-observe interfaces:

$ sudo snap install htop
$ sudo snap connect htop:process-control ubuntu-core:process-control
$ sudo snap connect htop:system-observe ubuntu-core:system-observe
$ htop

(no denials)

That is in strict mode. You can also install in devmode but you need to connect
the interfaces for the log messages to go away. This is because devmode reports
(but allows) violations against policy. If you don't connect the interfaces then
the accesses aren't part of the allowed policy and you will see a lot of policy
violations.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com