pulseaudio plug/slot

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:28:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm adding sound-fx to my snap-app and am running into the common problem
of "it works in my real system, but not in the confined system."  I'm not
sure how to trouble-shoot this problem.  I've added the "pulseaudio" plug
to my snapcraft.yaml file, "snap interface" reports that my snap-app is
using the "pulseaudio" plug, I've tried exporting the
"SDL_AUDIODRIVER=pulseaudio" environment variable before running my snap to
make sure that I'm using the appropriate audio back-end.  Hmmm...maybe
snap-apps can't read environment variables?  Maybe I need to configure some
env-vars in my snapcraft.yaml file?  I'll try to see how to setup the
environment (env-vars) for snaps.

Anyhow, I can hear my sound-fx when run on my real system, but not under
unbuntu core.

Thanks for any ideas you may have,
--Sp