Using docker for clean builds of classic snaps

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Feb 1 22:47:26 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Curious question.  Since snapcraft cleanbuild support is still a
work-in-progress for classic snaps, has anyone tried using Docker to provide a
clean build environment for them?  If so -- can you advise on what you did?

I'm not super Docker-experienced, so while I imagine setting up the basic
environment wouldn't be too difficult -- I don't imagine the dockerfile would
need much more than FROM ubuntu:16.04 and the installation of snapcraft -- I'm
not sure how to run the actual snapcraft command via Docker.  Can anyone suggest
how to do this?

No worries if no one can advise -- if not, assuming cleanbuild support isn't
close in the pipeline, I will try to look into this further myself in the next
weeks.

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe