snapd available in Trusty Tahr

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Feb 1 23:51:59 UTC 2017

On 31/01/17 14:01, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The team are pleased to announce that, after extensive testing in proposed, snapd is officially available in the Trusty Tahr updates archive [1]. If you are running a 14.04 system we encourage you to give it a try and report any issues [2]. Thanks to all involved in making this happen.
>
> Regards,
> Jamie.
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+source/snapd
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapd

I tried this earlier today on a Trusty machine and ran into some difficulties
installing.  `sudo apt install snapd` resulted in the following error message:

     snapd: Depends: systemd (>= 204-5ubuntu20.20) but it is not going to be
installed

Attempting to install systemd directly (to work out what was wrong) resulted in
something similar:

     gnome-control-center: Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                                    libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) ...

     ubuntu-control-center: Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) ...
                                     libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) ...

Any thoughts on what could be wrong here?