Vala and Snapcraft. Issues with a library part in Vala.

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:52:02 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Sergio Schvezov
<sergio.schvezov at canonical.com> wrote:
> Does your configure have something like
>
>     ./configure --with-extra-vapi-dir
>
> ?
>
> If so, try doing
>
> parts:
>     my-part:
>         source: ...
>         plugin: autotools
>         configflags:
>             - --with-extra-vapi-dir=$SNAPCRAFT_STAGE/usr/share/vala/vapi

No it doesn't.

I was thinking to try adding this in configure.ac of mylib-y:
PKG_CHECK_VAR([LIBX_PREFIX], [mylib-x], [prefix])

Then adding this in Makefile.am of mylib-y to mylib_y_VALAFLAGS:
 --vapidir $(LIBX_PREFIX)/share/vala/vapi

Then my guess is that snapcraft will find its way without the aid of
particular configflags.