Using docker for clean builds of classic snaps

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 21:35:19 UTC 2017

There are a bunch of Docker images providing snapcraft
<https://hub.docker.com/search/?isAutomated=0&isOfficial=0&page=1&pullCount=0&q=snapcraft&starCount=0>,
unfortunately they are all behind. These should be autobuilt instead of
manually updated, in the mean time I suggest you build your own (relatively
easy) <https://hub.docker.com/r/sergiusens/snapcraft/~/dockerfile/>.
Otherwise, Didier's image
<https://hub.docker.com/r/didrocks/snapcraft/builds/> is only a month old
and should include a snapcraft with experimental support for classic snaps.

Cheers,
- Loïc

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 02/02/17 14:40, Jamie Bennett wrote:
>
>> We have this page that explains how to build using Docker containers (the
>> url name is wrong but the contents are right).
>>
>>   * https://snapcraft.io/docs/build-snaps/trusty
>>

> Hi Jamie -- thanks for the pointer.  Unfortunately it doesn't work with
> classic snaps :-(
>
> $ sudo docker run -v $PWD:$PWD -w $PWD snapcore/snapcraft snapcraft
> Unable to find image 'snapcore/snapcraft:latest' locally
> latest: Pulling from snapcore/snapcraft
> 2f0243478e1f: Pull complete
> d8909ae88469: Pull complete
> 820f09abed29: Pull complete
> 01193a8f3d88: Pull complete
> 22802091ea0e: Pull complete
> Digest: sha256:a1c3ddcfd7d8af5a9ad5762f3d014389ef6db718a848ce59c5add
> 791b65036a4
> Issues while validating snapcraft.yaml: The 'confinement' property does
> not match the required schema: 'classic' is not one of ['devmode', 'strict']

- Loïc