snapcraft 2.26 has been released

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Feb 5 23:16:02 UTC 2017

On 06/02/17 00:04, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 06/02/17 00:00, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
>> Where did you see this documented? We removed all traces of license.txt from our
>> documentation months ago as snapd made no use of it. That said you are free to
>> drop license file inside the snap wherever you want.
>
> I didn't see it documented anywhere -- I was asking if it was the case (sorry if
> it wasn't clear) because snapcraft 2.26 kept giving me the deprecation message
> until I moved it from `setup/license.txt` to `snap/setup/license.txt`.
>
> Presumably it was the existence of the `setup` dir it was objecting to,
> regardless of contents?

BTW if it's not clear why I had `license.txt` in the setup directory: as far as
I recall, there was a deprecation message a few releases back that asked for it
to be moved from the root dir of the snap package definition to the `setup/`
dir.  But I suppose it's possible I misunderstood something at that point.