Where to save stuff (in snap-agnostic way)

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Tue Feb 7 04:04:14 UTC 2017

Hi Jamie,

For my sample app at https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/helloworld-fifo, I
tried to use the /tmp file to create a file, and  finally I get a file on
my Desktop like:

root at liuxg:/tmp/snap.1000_snap.hello.fifo_TovLTW/tmp# ls
anothefile

It seems to me that the path is still related to the command name "fifo".
Does this conflict with your saying?

Currently, my snapd version on 16.04 desktop is:

liuxg at liuxg:~$ snap version
snap    2.22.1
snapd   2.22.1
series  16
ubuntu  16.04

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:21 AM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-02-05 at 08:04 +0800, XiaoGuo Liu wrote:
> > Hi Oli,
> >
> > Does it mean all of the snaps have the same /tmp or each snap has its own
> > /tmp? I am a little bit confused about this.
> >

> You might be confused because the behavior changed. For a long time, each
> snap
> *command* had its own /tmp directory. That was changed late last year so
> that
> all commands with the same snap share the same /tmp directory such that
> each
> snap has its own /tmp directory.
>
> --
> Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com