license.txt and snap/ directory

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Feb 8 16:52:12 UTC 2017

Hi Joseph,

The discussion above felt like painting an incorrect picture of what we're
aiming at. We *definitely* want to track license information inside the
snap format in a proper location. We want to support both basic cases such
as just listing a well known name, custom licenses, and all the way up to
requiring an explicit agreement with the provided text.

We're not there yet, but this is in our short to medium term roadmap for
sure.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net