[Dragonboard410c] Ubuntu OS Build Issues, and Support

Paolo Pisati paolo.pisati at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 16:50:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 06:13:15AM +0000, Sunny Bhayani wrote:

> > the work is going on here:
> >
> > https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/pull/1115
>
> Is there a way, that we can come to know about an official fix, apart from the
> above link that you mentioned.

If you don't want to wait for a release, you can clone the snapcraft
repository[1] and apply the above fix locally:

git clone https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft.git

> Also, how did the build for the Dragonboard410C succeed for the pre-built
> Ubuntu Core OS image ?
>
> Since that is working properly, /lib/modules have the kernel modules and
> /lib/firmware has the firmware binaries.
>
> Also, the wifi interface (wlan0) is working.
>
> Sorry, but I was just curious to know this.

The kernel snaps for the dragonboard (and the raspberry and pc), are generated
from the deb packages in our archive, using this script:

https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-snap/+git/xenial

Starting from the snapdragon branch, the snapcraft.yaml there invokes the
Makefile in the master branch.

This was done to use the x86 signed kernels (required for trusted boot), and the same mechanism
was reused for arm.

But for development, snapcratf and the kernel plugin are the way to go.

1: https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft
--
bye,
p.