HowTo: How to create a snap for a Python app with networking using snapcraft in Ubuntu 16.04

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 13 17:13:08 UTC 2017

Le 10/02/2017 à 17:30, Simos Xenitellis a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks Didier!
>>>
>>> I had a look at https://github.com/ubuntudesign/tutorials.ubuntu.com/issues
>>> and the direction that tutorials.ubuntu.com wants to take. It looks good.
>>> It requires planning in terms of the writing of the tutorials so that
>>> they are gradually incremental,
>>> and some basic tutorials can referenced by the more complex ones. It's
>>> a lot of dedicated work.
>>>
>>> I'll give it a go and try to write a couple of tutorials for
>>> tutorials.ubuntu.com. We will see how it goes :-)
>>> I think I'll start with the baseline tutorial for snapcraft.
>> Excellent news!
>> You can as well convert some of yours to this format! I give you the
>> direct link to the guidelines to have some coherences between the
>> tutorials in term of tones and content:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u5qmSNIcE8SjuAg6aKjTxOBGWIjBW0kYf01t4Dfw6-U/edit.
>>
> I managed to complete the conversion and the tutorial is ready :-).
>
> Here it is,
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nk-kw79lt84YJNEKS_WpnGzVSjrmCUVd1TsAx5aRoOA/
> Feel free to add to tutorials.ubuntu.com or make a copy in order to edit.
>
> Overall, the experience in converting to the format required by
> codelabs was interesting.
> I still need more practice before I would be able to write a tutorial
> in one go in the codelab style.

This really looks awesome! Thanks Simos :)

I'll add some very small tweaking, but after a first look, it's very a
nice first shot. Well done :)
I would be interested in any comment you have about the codelab format
and style, and anything you liked/didn't like.

I'll keep you posted with a diff so that you can see what small
modifications I made to be more coherent with the other ones.

If you have any other to do, do not hesitate to keep us posted!
Cheers,
Didier