Currernt config hook implementation scales very badly

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Tue Feb 14 09:59:00 UTC 2017

Hi Ciao,

Thanks! I just upgraded it to edge channel, and now it works as expected.

liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ snap set core service.ssh.disable=true
liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$  sudo snap set core service.ssh.disable=true
liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$  snap set core service.ssh.disable=true
liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ snap set core service.ssh.disable=false
liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ snap interfaces |grep core
:core-support             core

I think the problem could be that the stable channel does not support it.

Best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 14.02.2017, 10:53 +0800 schrieb XiaoGuo Liu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Today, I just followed the instructions at:
> >
> > https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/ubuntu-core-docs/blob/master/en/refer
> > ence/core-configuration.md
> >
> > to disable ssh. However, I got the error like:
> >
> > liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ sudo snap set core service.ssh.disable=true
> > error: cannot perform the following tasks:
> > - Run configure hook of "core" snap
> > (/snap/core/1177/meta/hooks/configure: 62:
> > /snap/core/1177/meta/hooks/configure: systemctl: Permission denied)
> >
> > Is this a bug? It was tested on Raspberry Pi2 device, and my core
> > system info is like:
>
> hmm, works fine on my pi2 install ...
>
> ogra at localhost:~$ snap set core service.ssh.disable=true
> ogra at localhost:~$ snap set core service.ssh.disable=false
> ogra at localhost:~$
>
> line 62 calls: "systemctl disable ssh.service"
> do you get the same error if you call the above (with sudo) manually ?
>
> could your SD card be full or have errors (and thus be mounted
> readonly) ?
>
> also check if the core-support interface is properly connected (it
> should auto-connect, this would definitely be a bug):
>
> ogra at localhost:~$ snap interfaces |grep core
> :core-support                 core
> ogra at localhost:~$
>
> ciao
>         oli