HowTo: How to create a snap for a Python app with networking using snapcraft in Ubuntu 16.04

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:33:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Le 10/02/2017 à 17:30, Simos Xenitellis a écrit :

>>> Excellent news!
>>> You can as well convert some of yours to this format! I give you the
>>> direct link to the guidelines to have some coherences between the
>>> tutorials in term of tones and content:
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u5qmSNIcE8SjuAg6aKjTxOBGWIjBW0kYf01t4Dfw6-U/edit.
>>>
>> I managed to complete the conversion and the tutorial is ready :-).
>>
>> Here it is,
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nk-kw79lt84YJNEKS_WpnGzVSjrmCUVd1TsAx5aRoOA/
>> Feel free to add to tutorials.ubuntu.com or make a copy in order to edit.
>>
>> Overall, the experience in converting to the format required by
>> codelabs was interesting.
>> I still need more practice before I would be able to write a tutorial
>> in one go in the codelab style.
>
> This really looks awesome! Thanks Simos :)
>
> I'll add some very small tweaking, but after a first look, it's very a
> nice first shot. Well done :)

Thanks!

> I would be interested in any comment you have about the codelab format
> and style, and anything you liked/didn't like.

The environment about the command-line snippets,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u5qmSNIcE8SjuAg6aKjTxOBGWIjBW0kYf01t4Dfw6-U/edit#heading=h.6e9eqf6ttpj
could be enhanced by distinguishing the actual commands that the user
is expected to type (and run).

That is, if you make "bold" part of a command-line snippet, then the
"bold" part will appear differently in order to show that it is about
text to be typed by the user.

In addition, if a user double-clicks on such user-input, then it
should ideally select only the user-input and not the prompt
characters.

I filed a feature request at https://github.com/googlecodelabs/tools/issues/24

> I'll keep you posted with a diff so that you can see what small
> modifications I made to be more coherent with the other ones.

Thanks, looking forward to reading the changes.

Cheers,
Simos