Access denied on dbus for MM with plug connected

Maciej Kisielewski maciej.kisielewski at canonical.com
Fri Feb 17 14:06:38 UTC 2017

Hey folks!

There is a problem when I talk to ModemManager via dbus from Checkbox.
At first I thought there was something wrong with how we're controlling
the execution from Checkbox, but right now, it boils down to:

checkbox-snappy.python3 -c "import dbus;
dbus.Interface(dbus.SystemBus().get_object('org.freedesktop.ModemManager1',
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1'),
'org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager').GetManagedObjects()"
raising DBusException [2]

That python3 'app' has `modem-manager` plug declared, and connected.
The same command run with sudo runs ok.

Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong, or is it a genuine bug in snapd?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1659272
[2] http://paste.ubuntu.com/24013610/

--
Have a good one,