LDC compiler snap issues on 14.04 (ABI compatibility?)

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Feb 19 11:12:16 UTC 2017

On 16/02/17 05:10, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> I'll check your snap first thing once I am at a computer again. From experience
> with classic confinement  though, stage-packages to provide runnables are most
> of the time the root cause. There was discusssion on having ld set
> --library-path in be core snap to have called binaries not reach out to the
> system and get confused.

Just to follow up on this: I was able to rebuild the package using snapcraft
2.27 and `cleanbuild`, and as far as I can tell the result works on 14.04
without a hitch.  So thank you for all the great work here! :-)

I have an outstanding issue with a linker plugin included in the snap, but that
supports an optional feature and I didn't expect it to work with 14.04.  In any
case I'll follow up on that in a separate thread once I have a clearer picture
of exactly what might be the problem.

Thanks again & best wishes,

     -- Joe