Determining the set of snapd capabilities

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Sun Feb 19 14:26:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 13:07:48 +0100, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 19/02/17 12:21, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>> Step 4, announce new capabilities on the list
>>
>> In many cases, the existence of a new capability is meaningful for a
>> large number of snapcrafters, lets share the beta documentation on the
>> list when the capability lands in a --proposed or --candidate release of
>> snapd+snapcraft.
>
> Not just capabilities, but any breaking changes in behaviour.  For example,
> while Sergio's support has been great regarding my recent experiences with
> snapcraft 2.27, I think I could have avoided taking his time if the release
> notes had mentioned that classic snaps would no longer see
> environment variables
> set in app wrapper scripts (and ideally, advised on the changes required to
> `snapcraft.yaml` files).

It was my intention to fully document this. I just did half of the job as I only added information about it under the python plugin update. Sorry about this. I have updated the release notes[1] so the next person doesn't fall into this time sync trap!

Cheers
Sergio

[1] https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/releases/tag/2.27