Snaps in production?

Sam Nicholson Sam.Nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 10:30:53 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've been tasked with coming up with the best way to deploy one of our research projects, developed on Ubuntu and packaged for Debian, onto our CentOS-based production infrastructure. Looking at Snaps, it seems like it could be the answer to avoid having to re-package everything as RPMs (there's about 150 assorted packages) and put us in a good position for the future, but I'm wondering if anyone else is using it server-side in production?

Some quick searching doesn't pull up any case studies other than a brief mention of Nextcloud boxes, but I figured I'd ask around since it could save us a bit of work.

Thanks,
Sam Nicholson
BBC Research & Development

http://www.bbc.co.uk