workaround for connect no autoconnect interfaces without login on system

Nicolino Curalli n.curalli at domotz.com
Tue Feb 28 10:23:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

Can anyone  give me advices about the following problem?

I am porting an application for network monitoring to snap format for
packaging and distribution.

The applicazion should use the following interfaces provided from the
core/ubuntu-core snap:

 - network ( autoconnect)

 - network-bind (autoconnect)

 - network-control (no autoconnect)

 - network-observe (no autoconnect)

 - network-control (no autoconnect)

 - network-manager (no autoconnect)

 - network-observe (no autoconnect)

 - network-setup-observe (no autoconnect)

 - gpio (no autoconnect)

The current user experience for our appliance requires that user don't
login on it for make operations aboout network configuration:

a solution with snap connect tool on login console don't works for us.

I should replicate the user experience on snap version of our package.

On this whitepaper [1] I can read the following sentence: "the gadget
developer may autoconnect preinstalled snaps".

Unfortunetaly i don't see a standard tool on gadget documentation for
the setup of my use case.

Can anyone suggest a possibile solution/workaround built with snap and
core tools?

Note: the use case is similar to the canonical wifi-ap snap.

Thanks for each advice.

Nicolino

[1]
http://people.canonical.com/~davidcalle/core/Whitepaper:%20Ubuntu%20Core%2016%20-%20Security.pdf