Issues generating snap

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Sun Jan 1 21:09:21 UTC 2017

Firstly as a new member of the group I'd like to say hi and sorry if
this is not the correct place for this sort of question, if not please
do point me in the right direction.

I've installed snapcraft and I'm just running through the tour which in
step on confidently claims my system will ' interpret this file, fetch
and install everything that is needed, build it, and give you a snap'

Unfortunately mine simply generates an error and quits:

/tmp/tmpk3k1eoco: 3: export:
Files/Programming/Python/RokuTerm/snapcraft-tour/00-SNAPCRAFT/01-easy-start/stage/usr/share/perl5/:
bad variable name
Command '['/bin/sh', '/tmp/tmpk3k1eoco', './configure', '--prefix=']'
returned non-zero exit status 2

Does anybody have any suggestion as to what is going wrong here?

Thanks