Thinking of installing snap on Debian due to scarcity of snap packages for armhf

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jan 3 13:02:59 UTC 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:57:38 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 10:25:15 -0200, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>>This mailing list is a fine place to ask for help about snaps on Arch
>>or anywhere else.
>
>Fair enough. I edited the Arch Wiki,
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Snapd#Support .

An important note by the Arch Wiki is

"Warning: snap-confine is built with the --disable-apparmor option;
full confinement relies on an AppArmor enabled kernel with Ubuntu's
Linux 4.4 patchset applied and a related profile for the snap." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Snapd#Installation

I guess this is something upstream/vendors should know about snaps and
other distros, at least about Arch Linux.

Regards,
Ralf