Issues generating snap

gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 13:57:05 UTC 2017

> You're welcome, it takes a big community to make Ubuntu happen. I hope
> that you find snaps have just as big an impact :) It would be wonderful
> if we can really improve the flow of bits from upstreams to users, or
> even just make it easier for people to manage private apps that they
> are
> pushing around on their networks.
>
> Mark

Actually I developed a niche application for use on desktop, a product
only really available on Windows. I packaged it over and over for deb
but it seems impossible to do. I then paid for someone to package it and
a year on I'm still waiting for the approval process in the developer
portal to finish, but there doesn't seem to be anyone to approach about
this.

So I have been trying to package in deb format for at least 2 years. I
built a snap in a night. Ok it didn't work but you have now told me why.
I get the feeling I'm going to get along with your vision just fine.
Expect to see a desktop remote control for roku and now TV boxes and PAT
testing software appearing in the software store soon.