Accessing dbus (KDE Application)

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Jan 6 17:47:06 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 16:10 +0000, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 at 18:33 Jamie Strandboge <jamie at canonical.com> wrote:
>

> > FYI, the upcoming snapd 2.20 will support the 'dbus' interface. With this
> > you
> > can update your snap to include something like:
> >
> > slots:
> >   dbus-corebird:
> >     interface: dbus
> >     bus: session
> >     name: org.baedert.corebird
> >
> I've added that stanza to my snapcraft.yml and rebuilt using strict
> confinement on the new 2.20 snapd. That works perfectly,

Glad to hear the interface is working for you! :)

> but on uploading
> my package to the store (corebird-diddledan.diddledan) I received an
> automated testing fail email reporting that:
>
> not allowed by 'deny-connection/slot-attributes' in base declaration
> declaration-snap-v2_slots_deny-connection (dbus-corebird, dbus)

Yes, to claim the well-known dbus name for your snap you need a snap declaration
that allows it. I've granted this to your snap just now and it passes automated
review. This snap declaration applies to future uploads as well. (Note that
while revisions 6 and 7 have passed review, you still need to release them).

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com