opengl on ubuntu core 16 on artik 10?

Liming Wang liming.wang at canonical.com
Tue Jan 10 17:00:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 08:36:33AM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>> Did you run the oxide-eglfs-snap example on Pi? If so, do you still need
>> other platform to run opengl on ubuntu core?
>
>Thank you for the links!
>
>The Pi is awesome as a starting point for users, but is underpowered
>for some of our applications.
>It's attractive to have a faster/fatter alternative that can run the
>same snaps (ok, the opengl difference would need some finesse, but it
>seems doable and writing a demo showing how to do it sounds like a
>fun project).
>
>And having a 2GB pi-compatible arm system would reduce latency for
>continuous integration try builds...

We did support hikey board in snappy 15.04, but also without opengl.
But I think hikey is a suitable platform if we continue to support ubuntu
core 16 on it. Because there are lots of resources for this hardware.
I heard someone is doing the job to support ubuntu core 16 on hikey, but
I don't know what's the progress now.

Best Regards,
Liming Wang