Serial Port Plug/Interface issue with Ubuntu-core 16.04 (#2557)

Mritunjai Singh mrsingh at ssni.com
Wed Jan 11 17:59:10 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Kindly refer to: https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/issues/2557

We are trying to get a head start on Core Snappy working with our RF Mesh network card. It connects over serial and needs to be available at boot. We first tried this using snap approach but due to missing hotplugging serial-interface in current(latest) version of snapcraft, serial i/o requests are being denied even if the snap has the permission to use serial port.

We have been suggested the gadget snap approach in order to expose /dev/ttyS0 to the serial port interface for tunnccd snap to access it. It would be very helpful if someone can point me to the working example of a gadget snap with access to serial interface or any end to end gadget snap example and its build steps.

Regards,
Mritunjai