Use of build-properties in the schema is deprecated.

Kyle Fazzari kyle.fazzari at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 03:33:05 UTC 2017

On 01/12/2017 04:32 PM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Jenny Murphy
> <jenny.murphy at episensor.com> wrote:
>> I recently upgraded to snapcraft 2.24 (from 2.22) for building my .snaps.
>> Now I am getting the following warning :
>>
>> Use of build-properties in the schema is deprecated.
>> Plugins should now implement get_build_properties
>>

> This was a recent change,
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/blame/master/snapcraft/_baseplugin.py#L65
> and it affects even tutorials, such as
> http://insights.ubuntu.com/2017/01/09/how-to-snap-introducing-classic-confinement/
>
> I suppose there is an easy solution to adjust the .yaml file in order
> to produce a nice/clean build,
> and I am interested in learning about that as well.

Yeah, this is internal to the plugins. If you're not using any custom
local plugins you can disregard these deprecation notices. We ended up
cutting a release right after the feature was introduced but before all
of snapcraft's built-in plugins moved to using it. Don't worry-- this
has been completed in master, and these deprecation notices will
disappear in the next release.

--
Kyle Fazzari (kyrofa)
Software Engineer