call for testing: snapcraft

Leo Arias leo.arias at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 17:38:43 UTC 2017

Hello!

We are now ready to make the first snapcraft release of 2017, and the
2.25 package is now in the proposed pocket of xenial and yakkety. We
would like to give it a little more testing before we move it forward
and deliver it to all our users

Anybody can help. As I mentioned before, you can get a clean and safe
environment following the summaries of the past testing days:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/UbuntuTestingDay
Here you can find some instructions to enable proposed:
http://elopio.net/blog/test-sru/

There is a guide for testing in the 2.25 SRU bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapcraft/+bug/1656291/comments/3

You will notice that the tests mentioned in there are vague and
open-ended. That's on purpose because we have already tested and
automated checks for the specific bug fixes and new features. What we
want to encourage here is exploration and experimentation; use that
text as a guide to try to break snapcraft.

The release cycle of snapcraft is faster than normal packages, so we
start testing on Thursday or Friday to make the release on Monday. But
if you want to help and don't have time this weekend, we always
appreciate if you try snapcraft in xenial, yakkety and zesty, anytime.

Please send me an email if you have questions, if you see something
weird or if you think that you have found a bug. And please don't
change the tag in the SRU bug, I will do that on Sunday if everything
goes well.

pura vida
--
¡paz y baile!