Classic confinement and core_dynamic_linker

Kyle Fazzari kyle.fazzari at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 22:18:29 UTC 2017

On 01/13/2017 12:46 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Hearing about classic confinement was rather exciting given that it
> seems tailor-made for the use-cases of my current WiP snaps for the ldc2
> D compiler and the dub D build system:
> https://github.com/WebDrake/ldc2.snap/pull/1
> https://github.com/WebDrake/dub.snap/pull/1
>
> However, I'm running into difficulties every time I try to do a
> `snapcraft cleanbuild`: part-way through the build process I invariably
> get an error:
>
> classic confinement requires the core_dynamic_linker to be set
>
> I've discovered and tried the proposed workaround here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+bug/1650946/comments/11
>
> ... but it seems to make no difference.  Can anyone advise what else
> needs to be done to build a package with `classic` confinement?
>
> My system is Ubuntu 16.04 with snapcraft 2.24 and snapd 2.20.1 (both
> installed from the normal Ubuntu apt repos).

Since you're using cleanbuild, you would actually need the core snap
installed in the lxc container being used, which I don't think is
currently possible in lxc (though maybe it is nowadays, I know work was
being done in that area).

Have you tried _not_ doing this in cleanbuild, on a system with the core
snap installed?

--
Kyle Fazzari (kyrofa)
Software Engineer