Switching to a non-native package

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Jan 16 11:44:38 UTC 2017

That sounds fine, but also like a detour from the actual goal. One way or
another, the in-tree packaging that is there for Ubuntu won't be at stake
when making it work on Debian. Also note that the in-tree debian/ directory
doesn't work even for Ubuntu, strictly speaking. We already have the 14.04
bits in a separate branch.

I'd focus on making it properly test more distributions first (not just
Debian either) and later worry about whether we should get rid of debian/
or not.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net