Snapping with scons

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:35:13 UTC 2017

Okay, maybe no one knew what I was taking about.  In any case, for the
record, I've resolved the issue by using relative paths in my SConstruct
file that would only work during snapping.  This doesn't cause an issue
with normal development, because I also include relative paths (include
paths and lib paths) that would only work in that context.  Extraneous
paths in either context is fine.

What I figured is that, like the "DESTDIR" variable provided by the scons
plugin, there would be similar environment variables setup that SConstruct
and other make-type files could use to be able to locate dependency parts
that have already been built during the snapping process.  But maybe my
solution is above reasonable?  It doesn't seem all that clean to me.

By the way, the documentation at...

http://snapcraft.io/docs/reference/plugins/scons

...is pretty bad.  If someone pointed me in the right direction, I could at
least add what I know from looking at the plugin's Python code.

Sincerely yours,
The worst snapcrafter on the list.