Classic confinement and core_dynamic_linker

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Tue Jan 17 21:22:51 UTC 2017

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:11:57 +0100, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 14/01/17 03:26, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
>> A generic solution for build systems and CI is being worked on.
>>
>> Thanks for taking notice.
>
> Ah, OK, thanks.  Please do ping me if there is work-in-progress
> I can help to
> test.  I'd be happy to help out if I can.
>
> Can you shed light on the reason for the linker errors I get when trying to
> build a `classic` snap using regular `snapcraft build`?  See:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/snapcraft/2017-January/002483.html
>
> ... for details.  Do I assume right here that the problem is
> along the lines
> that the libraries concerned are not part of the core snap, and
> therefore the
> core_dynamic_linker cannot access them, even though they are
> installed on my
> machine via apt?

For classic confined snaps to link, they either need to be part of core or staged into your snap. On system libraries are ignored completely to ensure you have a working snap in the end.

The `core_dynamic_linker` error  message has been improved in 2.25 which is making its way into the -updates' pockets for the current supported series in Ubuntu.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device