[announce] twistypuzzle snap

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:39:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've just uploaded to beta channel my new snap: twistypuzzle.  Unlike
"rubecube," one of my other snaps, this one can simulate a variety of
twisty puzzles.  My main motivation is the technical challenge such a
program represents.

There are still some bugs that must be resolved before releasing to the
stable channel, but in the mean time, I'd be curious to know what anyone
thinks about it.  I think it's a cool idea, but hey, maybe it's not.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to monetize a snap?  I see a "buy" option
in the snap command, and I see a "price" field on the Ubuntu Apps web-page
for my snap, but I can't seem to find any information about how to
configure these for a snap.  I don't think my snaps are worth anything, and
I want people to actually use them (so I want them to be free), but it
would be interesting to know how or if this can be done.

Thanks,
--Sp