Error using custom image

Luke Williams luke.williams at canonical.com
Wed Jan 18 18:42:27 UTC 2017

Hello,

We are trying to build a custom image with a custom kernel. The kernel build and making the image goes without a hitch, however, when we try to run it in Virtual Box, we get the following error:

And it fails to load.
We have tried an image built with the custom kernel, one built with a yaketty kernel, and one that we just build with all stock pieces. None of them can get past this part.

If we use the image that we download from cdimages, that one works. When we look at the images side by side, we can’t see any differences.
Is there anything you recommend we check to see why it cannot see the writable partition?

Thanks,

Luke Williams - Technical Partner Manager, Open Networking/Ubuntu-Core
email: luke.williams at canonical.com <mailto:luke.williams at canonical.com>
http://www.canonical.com/ <http://www.canonical.com/> | http://www.ubuntu.com <http://www.ubuntu.com/>