Signing snaps with your own keys on your own local store.

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 16:10:12 UTC 2017

I would suggest you start with classic (deb-based) Ubuntu and make
'classic' snaps. When those are working well you can start devmode
development to add the confinement, which gives you fully confined
('strict') snaps. At that point, you can use Ubuntu Core.

On the store, there are various folks taking different approaches, you
might want to just use the public one for now (you can have private
snaps in there). We'll make it easier to install your own store soon.

Mark