Locally extending trusted certificates

Tyler Hicks tyhicks at canonical.com
Thu Jan 19 17:43:36 UTC 2017

On 01/18/2017 07:00 PM, Manik Taneja wrote:
> hi there,
>
> just wanted to follow-up on this query and see if we have a solution to
> this problem?

There have been some offline discussions about possible solutions but
they're still in the early stages and nobody is actively work on this
right now.

Loïc's request of allowing the admin to extend the set of system-wide
trusted certs is the most useful/common use case of extending the system
certs. I think the first step would be to fully design option #1 or
think through the basic requirements for snapd to manage adding/deleting
certs specified by the admin (a simpler version of #2).

Tyler