Which snap interface allows accessing /dev/rfkill?

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Jan 20 14:03:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-20 at 08:45 +0800, XiaoGuo Liu wrote:
> I think it would be good to let "snappy-debug" snap output what are the
> needed plugs. Sometimes, the utility does  not give us hints. Is there any
> way to improve the app? It is even easier than looking for some info on the
> website.
>
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/wiki/Security

This page provides an overview about how the sandbox is setup and how one can
work with it.

The page with all the interfaces is linked in the table of contents at the right
as 'Interfaces':

https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/wiki/Interfaces

This page has a description of all the interfaces, their attributes and how to
use them. It does not have specific rules listed.

The snappy-debug command is periodically updated for new interfaces (it is
missing the new interfaces in 2.21 and I have a todo to fix that soon) and as
mentioned, can be used to recommend interfaces. In general this command should
work well for anything except dbus. Obviously, the lack of dbus is a glaring
omission however at least it is usually easy to map a dbus denial to an
interface name (eg, org.freedesktop.NetworkManager to network-manager). Please
feel free to file bugs if it isn't doing what you expect.

Updating snappy-debug for dbus, improving its cli and generally sprucing up the
snap is planned but behind other prioritized work right now.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com