Ubuntu Core: how the file-system works

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 20 16:18:23 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Freitag, den 20.01.2017, 17:03 +0100 schrieb Luca Dionisi:

> > my first step here would be to use the default ubuntu-core image
> > and
> > start working on a snap you can install on top of it that uses the
> > existing interfaces. also take a look at the source of existing
> > snaps
> > for inspiration i.e. there is a "ufw" snap that does firewalling
> > that
> > should show how you can be able to manipulate iptables with
> > thefirewall-control interface.
> In my app I do network-control-related tasks by simply spawning
> standard
> linux commands. With g_spawn_async_with_pipes.
>
> I don't use other "interfaces" and I would prefer not to use any
> particular interface that ties my program to one platform. Or do I
> misunderstand what you mean by "the firewall-control interface?"

the firewall interface gives you access to the kernel firewall
features, your snap would ship the necessary user space tools for this
and run them in the snap. the interface will be the same on all snap
based systems (pretty much like ufw builds in iptables, ipset in the
snap [1])

ciao
	oli

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jdstrand/ufw/trunk/view/head:/snapcraf