Ubuntu Core: how the file-system works

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 20 17:43:05 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Freitag, den 20.01.2017, 18:15 +0100 schrieb Luca Dionisi:

> I think I got it. So I will continue to use g_spawn_async_with_pipes
> in my code. But I will prepare the snap file so that when installed
> on
> Ubuntu Core (or snap based system) it will work even in confined
> mode.
> Also, it will have the exact version of the userspace tools that I
> will
> choose to ship.

exactly, use g_spawn_async_with_pipes but allow it to accept env vars
for the path of the executable it calls, that way you can create a
snapcraft.yaml that pulls in iptables and your command will just do the
right thing if $SNAP is set (i.e. iptables in your snap might live in
$SNAP/usr/sbin/ while on a deb system it is just /usr/sbin, this also
gives you full control over the iptables version in snappy)

> ====
>
> So, going back to my first issue. I would like to be able to create
> routing table names on Ubuntu Core. To my knowledge this should be
> done by writing to the rt_tables file, and it is currently
> impossible.
> Should I consider filing a bug?

yes, please start by filing it under the snappy umbrella [1] project
and we'll add the necessary bug tasks for all bits and pieces involved
then.

ciao
	oli

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+filebug