Snap install apparmor error: 'profile has merged rule with conflicting x modifiers'

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 22 12:18:33 UTC 2017

On 20/01/17 15:36, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> Does this mean that classic snaps automatically have network access?
> In any case it looks like requesting it explicitly causes a problem in
> generating the appropriate apparmor profile.

Yes, we're untangling the confinement logic at the moment, so for now
drop plugs and slots from classic snaps. The intent, though, is that you
can add them safely and test with --jailmode as part of your journey to
strict confinement.

--jailmode is the opposite of --devmode, it lets you impose the
confinement with plugs and slots in cases (like --classic) where that
confinement would not automatically be imposed.

Mark